Best Practices in Preparing the Form 990
A live webinar with Susan Stutzel, CPA
April 22, 2021, 1pm EST
This session will provide an overview of the Form 990 and how it can be used to tell an Organization’s story. Susan will de-mystify the annual reporting so you understand why it is an information return and not a tax return. She will identify best practices in preparing the Form 990 as well as highlight areas that every reviewer should watch for.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recall the structure and core components of the Form 990
- Identify key metrics that contribute to a solid Form 990
- Recognize best practices in utilizing the Form 990 to tell your Organization’s story
Who Should Attend:
- CPAs in public practice or industry serving nonprofit organizations and anyone who serves on a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Recommended Hours of CPE | 2 Hours
- Field of Study | Taxes
- Prerequisites | Prior experience with NFP financial reporting
- Advanced Preparation | None
- Program Level | Basic
- Delivery Method | Group Internet Based
Registration, Cancellation, and Refunds:
- To register for this session, please go to https://galassolearningsolutions.com/product/best-practices-in-preparing-the-form-990/. In order to be awarded the full credit hours, participants must be present and must answer polling questions inside the webinar platform.
- All sales are final. If you miss the live webinar, you will still receive the recorded course content after the program, but no CPE can be awarded.
- Galasso Learning Solutions will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event you are not completely satisfied with the program and wish to file a complaint, please contact Frank Galasso at firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 business days of the event.
- For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please see our website.
Registrants will receive an event link with a calendar reminder from ZOOM within 24 hours of registration.
About the Speaker:
Susan Stutzel adds expertise and experience to the GLS team in the areas of government and nonprofit. In addition to training for GLS, Susan is the founder of S Stutzel, CPA, a firm specializing in nonprofit auditing and consulting. Over the last 19 years, she has worked in both public and private accounting, and in that time discovered her passion lies in serving clients in the nonprofit industry. Her desire to work with nonprofit organizations stems from a desire to be surrounded by equally passionate individuals who want to change the world. This passion also leads Susan to serve in various volunteer roles including: board member of the Iowa Society of CPA’s, Treasurer of the Tipton School Foundation, Treasurer of Iowa City Hospice, Past Treasurer of Iowa Women’s Foundation, Adjunct Professor at her alma mater Coe College, IACPA’s Career Awareness Committee, Iowa Society of CPA’s Nonprofit Organization’s Committee, and more.