This new hire cohort consists of 16 hours of training, spanning over 4 separate sessions. This seminar is ideal for newly hired audit staff and will cover the basics of auditing to ensure they excel in their new careers. We’ll cover how to audit cash, inventory, expenses & payables, as well as property, plant, & equipment. New hires will be introduced to the basic assertions and risks applicable to these accounts. In addition, we’ll walk through real-world examples to keep new hires engaged and give them the opportunity to work in groups and apply what they are learning. Finally, this seminar will provide an introduction to ethics and professional skepticism, internal control fundamentals, introduction to risk assessment, and also best practices for work papers and audit documentation. These courses will ensure that new hires are well-rounded, and understand the fundamentals of auditing.
The agenda includes:
Day 1: Monday, October 9, 2023
- Welcome and Introductions
- Introduction to Ethics and Professional Skepticism
- How to Audit: Cash
Day 2: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- How to Audit: Inventory
- Q&A and Closing
Day 3: Monday, October 16, 2023
- Welcome and Network Building
- Internal Control Fundamentals
- How to Audit: Expenses & Payables
Day 4: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Best Practices: Audit Workpapers & Proper Documentation
- How to Audit: PP&E
- Q&A and Closing
- Recall the audit assertions applicable to the Cash, Inventory, Expenses & Payables, and Property, Plant, & Equipment balances
- Recognize risks & threats related to the Cash, Inventory, Expenses & Payables, and Property, Plant, & Equipment balances
- Identify substantive auditing procedures that are used to obtain comfort over Cash, Inventory, Expenses & Payables, and Property, Plant, & Equipment
- Identify common deficiencies in audit documentation on engagements
- Recall the documentation requirements of audit workpapers from AU-C 230
- Describe the five components of COSO
- Recall the limitations of internal controls
- Recognize noncompliance with ethical standards during engagements
- Recall the five fundamental principles of ethics for professional accountants
- Perform risk assessment procedures during an engagement
- Recall parts of the audit risk model
Who Should Attend:
- New hires and audit staff with less than one year of experience
- Recommended Hours of CPE | 16 Hours
- Field of Study | Auditing
- Prerequisites | None
- Advanced Preparation | None
- Program Level | Basic
- Delivery Method | Group Internet Based
Please provide the names and email addresses of all course attendees in the Order Notes.
Registration, Cancellation, and Refunds:
- To register for this session, please go to https://galassolearningsolutions.com/product/level-1-new-hire-training-october-9-11-16-and-18/. In order to be awarded the full credit hours, participants must be present and must answer polling questions inside the webinar platform. Partial credit will be provided in accordance with NASBA policy.
- All sales are final, however, substitutions can be made up to one business day prior to the start of the first session.
- Galasso Learning Solutions will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event you are not completely satisfied with the program and wish to file a complaint, please contact Frank Galasso at email@example.com within 10 business days of the event.
- For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please see our website.
Registrants will receive event links with a calendar reminder from ZOOM within 24 hours of registration.
Galasso Learning Solutions LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.