R&D Tax Credit Bootcamp
A live webinar with Rebecca Kelly, CPA
November 2, 1pm EST – 4 credits
R&D Tax Credit Bootcamp
The research and development tax credit under IRC §41 continues to be a key benefit for all sizes of companies across many industries. It is increasingly more valuable today as companies look for ways to increase cash by reducing tax liabilities. Join us as we navigate the complexities of the federal tax rules and provide a fundamental roadmap for understanding the following:
- How to qualify or disqualify the activities;
- How to quantify the amount of the federal income tax benefit; and
- How to document and repot the credit claim
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Apply key research and development tax credit concepts and terminology
- Apply the four-part test in qualifying activities
- Identify activities excluded for purposes of the tax credit
- Compute the tax credit under the federal regular and alternative simplified methods
- Complete the tax form used for reporting the tax credit
- Identify types of documents used to support the tax credit
Who Should Attend:
- CPAs in public practice or industry dealing with R&D expenditures
- Recommended Hours of CPE | 4 Hours
- Field of Study | Tax
- Prerequisites | None
- Advanced Preparation | None
- Program Level | Basic
- Delivery Method | Group Internet Based
Registration, Cancellation, and Refunds:
- To register for this session, please go to https://galassolearningsolutions.com/product/accounting_for_income_taxes/. In order to be awarded the full credit hours, participants must be present and must answer polling questions inside the webinar platform.
- All sales are final. If you miss the live webinar, you will still receive the recorded course content after the program, but no CPE can be awarded.
- Galasso Learning Solutions will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event you are not completely satisfied with the program and wish to file a complaint, please contact Frank Galasso at firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 business days of the event.
- For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please see our website.
Registrants will receive an event link with a calendar reminder from ZOOM within 24 hours of registration.
About the Speaker:
As a successful and experienced tax advisor, Rebecca Kelly understands the importance of continued learning and development in the accounting profession. She started her career as an associate professor with the University of Georgia, J.M. Tull School of Accounting. She later accepted a role with Deloitte in their tax practice and spent the next 16 years of her career working in public accounting where she held numerous leadership roles that involved training initiatives. As a Managing Director with KPMG, she served a dual role as the Atlanta Mid-Market Tax Practice Leader and Regional ASC740 Leader, providing her increased awareness of the connectivity between effective development programs and overall firm performance. Rebecca has a passion for bringing real value to support your learning needs and contribute to your firm’s growth.