Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use for Galasso Learning Solutions
Last Updated on January 1, 2020
NOTICE: These Terms and Conditions of Use are legally binding. It is your responsibility to read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully prior to purchase, use or access of any of our products, including online courses.
This website is owned and operated by Galasso Learning Solutions, a North Carolina limited liability company. Our principal place of business is located at 2427 Becket Ridge Road, Charlotte, NC 28270.
You must be at least sixteen years of age to use our website. Use of this website is at your own risk. We host our site on a reputable platform and take reasonable efforts to maintain and host the site. However, we make no explicit representations or warranties as to the safety or your individual use of the website. The Terms and Conditions contained on this page is subject to change at any time.
Terms of this Course or Product Purchaser Agreement
All programs, products and services are owned and provided by Galasso Learning Solutions (“Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”). The term “You” or “Your” refers to any user or purchaser of said program(s), product(s) or service(s) (the “Offering”). These Terms and Conditions of Use govern and define how You are allowed to use and access Company’s Offering. We reserve the right to update and change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time and will update them accordingly with the ‘date last updated’ at the top of this page.
You are legally bound to these Terms and Conditions of Use whether or not you have read them. If You do not agree with any of our Terms and Conditions of Use, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to remove your name, email and access to our Offering and website(s).
Your Product or Course Use and Consent
When you purchased our Offering, you were given a reasonable notice that these Terms and Conditions of Use existed. By moving forward with your purchase of the Offering and further access of the Offering, you implicitly agreed and continue to agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use as well as any disclaimers and privacy disclosures contained in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
You agree you are at least 18 years old or of age in your applicable jurisdiction to access the Offering. Access of our Offering and related materials by a minor is a violation of use, and we reserve the right to terminate your access if such an issue is discovered.
Intellectual Property Notice
All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by and property of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible should we choose to do so, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately.
You may use our intellectual property with clear and obvious credit back to our site, as well links back to the page where the materials, designs, images, text, quote or post is located when it is appropriate to do so. However, you may never sell nor claim any of our intellectual property as your own or your unique creation, even with attribution.
Online Course Intellectual Property
Limited License. Any and all materials, paid or free, that You access on this or any related domains that contain our Offering are under the sole ownership or licensed use of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC.
To be clear, we own our page layout and design, overall look and appearance, individual graphics, icons, videos, logos, taglines and trademarks (common law or federally registered). You are not allowed to reproduce any part of our website(s), program(s), product(s), service materials or related communications.
You are only receiving a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license for non-commercial use only in order to access any content or materials in the Offering you have paid for or opted to receive. If You exceed the scope of this license, as determined by a legal authority such as a court of law or the Trademark Trials and Appeals Board, you have committed infringement in a manner that materially harms us, and we have the right to seek damages and/or an injunction to remedy the situation until we are made whole.
- Access the Offering for Your personal use (if additional members of Your team need to access the Offering, You must purchase additional Offerings at one per each team member)
- Download and/or print any Offering materials for your personal use in your business (if additional members of Your team need to download and/or print any materials from the Offering, You must purchase additional Offerings at one per each team member)
- Use our trademarks and copyrighted materials with Our consent and proper credit and marking, namely, citing Galasso Learning Solutions LLC as the source of the materials and marking any federally registered trademarks with ® or common law trademarks with ™.
You may not:
- Re-sell or trade Your access to the Offering
- Share the Offering with anyone else who has not yet purchased it
- Reprint or republish any of the Offering, in part or in whole
- Distribute any of the materials contained in the Offering or related materials and/or communications as your own, otherwise known as stealing
- Reproduce and tweak any part or whole of the Offering for distribution as your own work
- Claim ownership or use over any of Our intellectual property without Our prior consent, which includes (but is not limited to): copyrights such as course materials, worksheets, workbooks, lessons, videos and more; trademarks such as names, logos, taglines or other unique source identifiers; or trade dress including the look and feel of the Offering (and its related communications and materials)
- Use our Offering or any related materials and/or communications in an unlawful way or for any illegal or unlawful purpose(s)
Request for Permission to Use Content
If you wish to use, publish or access any of our content, Offering(s) or related materials, You must do so by requesting permission prior to commencing use of the same by email Us at email@example.com.
Civil and Criminal Penalties
Even though our Offering is not necessarily something you can physically hold in your hand and walk away with, it is nevertheless considered theft to steal, infringe or otherwise violate these Terms and Conditions of Use. We reserve the right to prosecute infringers to the fullest extent allowed by criminal or civil statute in any jurisdiction allowed. You explicitly consent to personal jurisdiction in North Carolina by opting into or purchasing any Offering or accessing its related communications and/or materials.
Your Materials and Contributions
By submitting a comment, photo, video or other material(s) onto any website or platform owned or maintained by Us, including but not limited to third party access sites, such as Our Facebook group(s), SurveyMonkey evaluations or online software platforms that we use to distribute Our Offering and related materials, you agree that we have a non-revocable, commercial license to re-publish your submission in whole or in part unless you explicitly state that We may not do so with said submission. You have no right to privacy by accessing Our Offering or related materials, and We reserve the right to disclose your participation in the same.
You must own the copyright to any image(s) You use by default or voluntarily on our platforms or in our Offering or related materials. You grant Us a commercial license to any image(s) you submit to Us by default, such as a Facebook profile photo or other profile image you voluntarily provide in accessing the Offering, or voluntarily upon Our request. Such a default or voluntary release of Your image and likeness may be used for any reasonable future business use.
Notification of Use
We are not obligated to notify You or anyone in photographs of Our publication or other use of any image or images you submit by default or voluntarily.
Security and Assumption of Risk
It is Your responsibility to secure your username and password from theft or any other means of unauthorized use that would violate these Terms and Conditions of Use. We do not store any credit card numbers or payment information, and instead, these are processed through third party processors such as Paypal. By utilizing this payment processors to gain access to the Offering, You indemnify Us and instead assume any and all risk or liability for the security of the payment details, and agree to be bound by the third party payment processor’s applicable terms and conditions of use.
You have no right to confidentiality unless otherwise explicitly stated, such as in a subsequent client agreement, or otherwise implicitly agreed upon as mandated by law or fiduciary duty.
Assumption of Risk
By accessing our Offering and/or related materials, whether paid or unpaid, you assume all the risk of your access and any subsequent actions you choose to take as a result of the influence, information or educational materials provided to You.
We maintain a right to republish any submission in whole or in part as reasonably necessary in the course of our business. You agree not to submit any content or communications that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to communications that are potentially libelous or maliciously false, obscene, abusive, negligent or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
Our website and related materials are provided for educational and informational use only. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless our website and company for any direct or indirect loss or conduct incurred as a result of your use of our website and any related communications, including as a result of any consequences incurred from technological failures such as a payment processor error(s) or system failure(s).
While we may reference certain results, outcomes or situations on this website, you understand and acknowledge that we make no guarantee as to the accuracy of third party statements contained herein or the likelihood of success for you as a result of these statements or any other statements anywhere on this website. If you have medical, legal or financial questions, you should consult a medical professional, lawyer or CPA and/or CFP respectively. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any actions or omissions you choose to make as a result of using this website, related materials, products, courses or the materials contained herein.
This website is updated on a regular basis and while we try to make accurate statements in a timely and effective manner, we cannot guarantee that all materials and related media contained herein are entirely accurate, complete or up to date. You expressly acknowledge and understand that any information or knowledge you gain as a result of using this website is used at your own risk. If you should see any errors or omissions and would like to let us know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or others in connection with our Offering(s), including without limitation any liability for any accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual injury or harm, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however and whether caused by negligence, breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable. We are not medical, legal, financial or other professionals, or if We are, during the course of this Offering and related material(s), We are not offering our professional services and you expressly agree we are not acting in any professional capacity, including medical, legal, financial or otherwise during the course of this Offering. This Offering is for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the Offering or its related material(s) should be construed as medical, legal, financial advice.
Third Party Disclaimer
You acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other participant or user, including you.
We make no warranties as to our programs, products, services, or program materials. You agree that programs, products, services, or program materials are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that the programs, products, services, or program materials will be functional, uninterrupted, correct, complete, appropriate, or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of the website, content are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of our program, product or services materials or on third-party websites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
We make reasonable efforts to provide You with modern, reliable technology, software and platforms from which to access our Offering(s) and related material(s). However, in the event of a technological failure, You accept and acknowledge our lack of responsibility for said failure, and while we will make reasonable efforts to support you, some technological issues are far outside our control and will require you to access support from a third party provider, such as Adobe Connect.
Errors and Omissions
We make no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information in our Offering(s). We are not liable for any inaccuracies, errors or reliance on personal opinions contained in our Offering(s) or related material(s).
Indemnification, Limitation of Liability and Release of Claims
You agree at all times to indemnify and hold harmless our Company, as well as any of our affiliates, agents, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, joint venture partners, successors, transferees, assignees, and licensees, as applicable, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to our Offering(s) .
Limitation of Liability
We will not be held responsible or liable in any way for the information, products or materials that you request or receive through or in relation to our Offering(s). We do not assume liability for any third party conduct, accidents, delays, harm or other detrimental or negative outcomes as a result of Your access of our Offering(s) and related material(s).
If at any time we feel you have violated these Terms and Conditions, then we shall immediately terminate your use of our website and any related communications as we deem appropriate. It is within our sole discretion to allow any user’s access of our website, and we may revoke this access at any time without notice, and if necessary, block your IP address from further visits to our site(s).
We take your investment seriously, and we’d appreciate if you took our investment of time and resources into your success seriously too. Our refund policy varies by offering.
- Cancelation clauses for seminars and live events are written into the duly signed and legally binding engagement letter. Please review these clauses prior to executing the engagement agreement.
- Live Webinar purchases are nonrefundable. Paid participants will receive a recording of the event after the webinar and will be able to review the information at a later date.
- Please see our NASBA policies on our website for additional information.
You agree to make every attempt to file a refund or complaint with Us prior to attempting a chargeback with your financial institution. We reserve the right to present proof of these Terms and Conditions of Use to the financial institution investigating the dispute.
Revocation of Access
You have the unilateral right to terminate your use and access to any of Our Offering(s). Please send an email to email@example.com to initiate this process. Termination will not excuse you of further payment. Upon confirmation of your termination, any and all outstanding balances will become immediately due and payable. Any existing balance that remains after 14 days from the date of termination will be sent to a collections agency, and You agree to be responsible for any additional charges, fees or costs associated with such a collection effort, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
If You and our Company cannot find a resolution to a dispute or potential claim by means of good-faith negotiation, then You explicitly agree to make a reasonable attempt to resolve any such dispute through Alternative Dispute Resolution or Mediation before filing a civil cause of action.
If you are found to be slandering, libeling or otherwise disparaging our Company, Offering(s) or related materials at our discretion, You will be immediately removed from the Offering(s) and any related communications. We reserve the right to file a civil claim of action against You for any such damaging actions You take that materially harm our Company.
Law and Jurisdiction
By using our website, you hereby consent to our Terms and Conditions of Use.
All Rights Reserved
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions of Use or any express written here, are reserved by Company.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Personal Data: Personal Data is information that can be used to identify you specifically, including your name, shipping address, email address, telephone number or demographic information like your age, gender, or hometown. You consent to giving us this information by providing it to us voluntarily on our website or any mobile application. You provide some of this information when you register with or make purchases from our website. You may also provide this information by participating in various activities associated with our site, including responding to blogs, contacting us with questions, or participating in group training. Your decision to disclose this data is entirely voluntary. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but your refusal may prevent you from accessing certain benefits from our website or from making purchases.
Derivative Data: Derivative data is information that our servers automatically collect about you when you access our website, such as your IP address, browser type, the dates and times that you access our website, and the specific pages you view. If you are using a mobile application, our servers may collect information about your device name and type, your phone number, your country of origin, and other interactions with our application. Derivative data may also include data collected by third-party service providers, such as advertising and analytics providers, and may include cookies, log data or web beacons. Cookies are discussed more fully below. Derivative data collected by third-party service providers generally does not identify a specific individual.
Social Networking Data: We may access personal information from social networking sites and apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, or other social networking sites or apps not named specifically here, which may include your name, your social network username, location, email address, age, gender, profile picture and any other public information. If you do not want us to access this information, please go to the specific social networking site and change your privacy settings.
Mobile Device Data: If you use our website via a mobile device or app, we may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information.
Other data: On occasion, you may give us additional data in order to enter into a contest or giveaway or to participate in a survey. You will be prompted for this information and it will be clear that you are offering this kind of information in exchange for an entry into such a contest or giveaway.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website, and to allow us to suggest other products and services we think might interest you. We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our legitimate business interests (such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase our goods or services and interact with our website or mobile app).
Specifically, we may use the information and data described above to:
- Create and administer your account; and
- Deliver any products or services purchased by you to you; and
- Correspond with you; and
- Process payments or refunds; and
- Contact you about new offerings that we think you will be interested in; and
- Interact with you via social media; and
- Send you a newsletter or other updates about our company or website; and
- Deliver targeted advertising; and
- Request feedback from you; and
- Notify you of updates to our product and service offerings; and
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot any problems; and
- Administer contests or giveaways; and
- Generate a profile that is personalized to you, so that future interactions with our website will be more personal; and
- Compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party’s use; and
- Assist law enforcement as necessary; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website or mobile app; and
- Analyze trends to improve our website and offerings.
GROUNDS FOR USING AND PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The information we collect and store is used primarily to allow us to offer goods and services for sale. In addition, GLS may collect, use and process your information based on the following grounds:
- Legitimate Business Interests: We may use and process your data for our legitimate business interests, which include, among other things, communicating with you, improving our goods or services, improving our website, and providing you with the information or products that you have requested.
- Performance of a Contract: We may use and process your information to enter into a contract with you and to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, based on your consent to our use and sharing of that data. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but doing so may affect your ability to use our website or other offerings.
- As required by law: We may also use or process your data as required for us to comply with legal obligations.
WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
The following are specific reasons why we may share your information.
- Third Party Processing: We may disclose your information to third parties who assist us with various tasks, including payment processing, hosting services, email delivery, communications and customer service. We may not always disclose these third party processors if not required by law. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing our company with their services.
- By Law: We may share your data as required by law or to respond to legal process, including a subpoena, or as necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others. This includes sharing information with other parties to prevent or address fraud and to avoid credit risks.
- To Protect Our Company: We may use your information to protect our company, including to investigate and remedy any violations of our rights or policies. We may also disclose your information as reasonably necessary to acquire and maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain financial or legal advice, or to exercise or defend against legal claims.
- Advertisers: We may use third party advertising companies to run and manage our ads, such as Mailchimp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc. to produce ads that appears when you visit our Website or mobile app. These companies may use information about your visit to our website and other websites that are contained in web cookies (as described below) to offer you personalized advertisements about goods and services that might interest you. We cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites. You should consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party advertisers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
- Other Third Parties: We may share information with other third parties for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. If we do so, we will make reasonable efforts to inform You if required by law.
- Interaction with others: If you interact with others on our website or mobile app, such as participating in a group chat or a group online course, other users may have access to some of your data, including your name, profile picture, and your history of interaction with our website, such as prior comments or posts.
- Online postings: When you post online, your posts may be viewed by others, and we may distribute your comments outside the website.
- External Links: Our website, newsletter, and social media may include hyperlinks to other websites not controlled by us. We suggest you exercise caution when clicking on a hyperlink. Although we use reasonable care in including a hyperlink on our own web page, we do not regularly monitor the websites of these third parties, are not responsible for any damage or consequences you suffer by using these hyperlinks. We are not bound by the Privacy Policies of any third party website that you access by a hyperlink, nor are they bound by ours. We encourage you to read the Policies of those third party websites before interacting with them or making purchases. They may collect different information and by different methods than we do.
- Other purposes: We may disclose your personal data as necessary to comply with any legal obligation or to protect your interests, or the vital interests of others or our company.
Log Files: Like many other Web sites, we make use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
We may use any or all of the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies help us run our website and improve your experience with your website. These cookies may allow content to load more quickly or allow you to access “members only” or repeat-users sections of our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember your preferences from earlier visits to our website, including login information, so that you do not have to input the same information multiple times.
- Social Media cookies: These cookies allow use to record when you have engaged with a social media tool while visiting our website. For example, we may record that you have “liked” a certain aspect of our website. The social media application may also share data with us that you have allowed it to share. If you wish to change your social media sharing settings, please visit the privacy settings of the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: We may work with third party advertising partners who collect information about your browsing habits on our website in order to later display a relevant ad about our services when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. These cookies may also allow us to access your location.
Pixel tags: We may use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us to monitor the use of our website and provide us with information regarding your interaction with the website. These tags may collect the IP address from the device you are using and the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third party partners to collect information when you visit our website, and we may use this information to display targeted advertisements.
Email confirmations: We may receive email confirmations when you open an email from us. This allows us to determine if users are responding favorably to our email communications and to improve those communications.
Other technologies: Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security, fraud detection and similar purposes, to give us information about your use of our website, and to greater improve our website and service offerings to you.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
For the most part, we do not process your information in-house, but give it to third party processors for processing. For example, when PayPal takes your payment information, they are a third party processor. They process your payment and remit the funds to us. So in many instances, it will be necessary for us to transmit your information to a third party processor, as we do not have the capability to perform these functions. More detail on third party processing is detailed below.
However, we may, from time to time, process your data internally. The legal basis for this processing is both your consent to the processing, and our need to conduct our legitimate business interests. Our purposes in processing this information, if we do, is to administer, maintain, and improve our website and offerings, to enter into contracts with you, to fulfill the terms of those contracts, to keep records of our transactions and interactions, to be able to provide you with goods and services, to comply with our legal obligations, to obtain professional advice, and to protect the rights and interests of our company, our customers (including you), and any third parties. We may process the following data:
- Data associated with your account, such as your name, address, email address and payment information
- Data about your usage of our website, such as your IP address, geographical information, and how long you accessed our website and what you viewed.
- Data related to your personal profile, such as your name, address, profile picture, interests and hobbies, or employment details.
- Data that you provide us in the course of using our services.
- Data that you post on our website, such as comments or responses to blogs.
- Data that you submit to us when you make an inquiry regarding our website or offerings.
- Data related to your transactions with us, including your purchase of our goods or services. This information may include contact details and payment information.
- Data that you provide to us when you subscribe to our emails or newsletters, including your email address and contact information.
- Data that you submit to us via correspondence, such as when you email us with questions.
- Any other data identified in this policy, for the purpose of complying with our legal obligations, or to protect the vital interests of you or any other natural person.
Our website is hosted by servers located in the United States. Therefore, if you reside outside the USA, some of your data will be transferred internationally to and stored on those servers. In addition, we may use third party processors (including payment processors) and subcontractors located in the USA. We use all reasonable methods to protect the safety of your data during transfer, including hosting our website on reputable servers and engaging reputable third party processors. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the USA. Note that the privacy laws in the USA may not be as strict as those in other countries. Please be aware that:
- Data that is provided to use is stored on secure servers. Payment information and other sensitive data will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data that is sent to us electronically. Your transmission of data to us is at your own risk.
- Where data that you have transmitted to use is password protected, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. You are exclusively responsible for any breaches of your data that results from your own disclosure of or failure to protect your password.
We retain personal data as long as it is needed to conduct our legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations, or until you ask us to delete your data. For example, we will retain certain personal information indefinitely for the purposes of maintaining your account, unless and until you delete your account. Data that we gather for a specific and particular purpose, such as assisting law enforcement or analyzing trends, will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that particular purpose. Data that is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed above will be permanently deleted.
We will honor your request to delete your data, as described more fully below unless we are required by law to retain access to the data. However, note that we cannot control the retention policies of third parties. If you wish to have any third parties, including those to whom we’ve transmitted your data, delete that data, you will need to contact those third parties directly. You may request from us a list of all third parties to whom we have transmitted your data.
We may retain usage data (that is, data that is gathered by our company or third party analytics companies for the purpose of analyzing the use of our website) as needed for internal analysis purposes. This type of data is usually retained for a shorter period of time than personal data, unless the data is necessary to improve the security or functionality of our website or offerings, or we are legally obligated to retain the data for a longer period of time.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your information secure. We use recognized online secure payment systems and implement generally accepted standards of security to protect against personal data loss or misuse. However, no security measure is foolproof, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or misuse. We cannot guarantee complete security of any information you transmit to us.
We will notify you of promptly any known breach of our security systems or your data which might expose you to serious risk.
This website or mobile app is not designed for use by children under age 16, and we do not knowingly solicit personal data from anyone under age 16. If you are under age 16, do not access or use our website or related products or services. If you become aware that we have collected data of anyone under the age of 16, please contact us so that we may delete that data.
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, as outlined below. Note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for actions that you ask us to take with respect to your data. In addition, we reserve the right to request that you provide us with evidence of your identity before we take any action with respect to the exercise of your data rights. Further, your rights may be restricted or nullified to the extent they conflict with our compelling business interests, the public interest, or the law.
Update Account Information: You have the right to update or change any information you have provided to us. To update or delete your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirm Personal Data and Its Use: You have the right to request that we confirm what data we hold about you, and for what purposes. You also have the right to confirmation of whether we process your data or deliver your data to third party processors, and for what purposes. We will supply you with copies of your personal data unless doing so would affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Change Consent: You have the right to change your consent to our use of your information. In such cases, we may require you to delete your account with us, as described above, and you may not have full access to our website.
Request a Copy of Data: You have the right to request a digital copy of the data that we hold about you. Your first request for a copy of your personal data will be provided free of charge; subsequent requests will incur a reasonable fee.
Transfer Your Data: You have the right to request that we gather and transfer your data to another controller, in a commonly used and machine readable format, unless doing so would cause us an undue burden.
Delete All Data: You have the right to request that we delete all data that we hold about you, and we must delete such data without undue delay. There are exceptions to this right, such as when keeping your data is required by law, is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, is required for compliance with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the exercise or defense of legal claims. Such a request may result in a termination of your account with us and you may have limited or no use of our website.
Emails And Communications: You may opt out of receiving future email correspondence from us by clicking “unsubscribe from this list” at the bottom of our monthly newsletter. You may change your communication settings by contacting us at email@example.com.
Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving any third party marketing communications or having your personal information used for marketing purposes. You may do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing: You may, in some circumstances restrict the processing of your data, such as when you contest the accuracy of your data or when you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. When processing has been restricted, we will continue to store your data but will not pass it on to third party processors without your consent, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations or protect your rights or those of others or our company. In addition, you may opt out of any processing of your data altogether. Note however that doing so may result in the termination of your account and loss of access to our website.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The State of California has established its own unique regulations that apply to California residents. As of its effective date of January 1, 2020 We are also compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act Of 2018, Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100 Et Seq. (CCPA).
Any California resident may request, free of charge, the personal information We have collected or stored about themselves or about a member of their household. For security purposes, We reserve the right to ask for verification of Your identity and proof of your California residency at the time of your request.
Any California resident has a right to request the personal data We have collected, or request deletion of the personal data We have collected, including but not limited to:
- Any personally identifying information, such as a real name, alias(es), mailing or resident address, IP address, email address, account name, biometrics, or any other data that could uniquely identify a California resident; and
- Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, search history, interactions with Our website, or any other purchasing or browsing history of Our site and/or offer(s); and
- Site comments made publicly or privately; and
- Geolocation data; and
- Professional or employment-related information; and
- Education information.
We reserve the right to collect any of the above data on California residents and their households.
We do not plan on selling your data. Regardless, any California resident can email us at email@example.com to explicitly request to opt-out of any such sale of data. California residents also have the option to request a full deletion of their account and any data We have collected and associated with them.
We agree to comply with any data request or deletion made pursuant to the CCPA in a reasonable timeframe, during normal business hours and excluding holidays or Our pre-scheduled time off.
We offer the opportunity for you to volunteer certain information to us that is used for email and marketing purposes. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from any future communications via email, but we reserve the right to maintain a database of past email subscribers. We reserve the right to use this information as reasonably necessary in our business and as provided by law. Your information will be shared with reasonably necessary parties for the ordinary course of conducting our business, such as through Facebook ads or Google Pay Per Click marketing campaigns. We do not sell your information to third parties.
The information contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between site users and our company relating to the use of this website.
Law and Jurisdiction